Personal data related to this website will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
2. Purpose of the processing operation
For the purposes of the promotion of European agricultural products in the GCC countries through personal invitations to events, sending of notifications and news about the European agricultural products.
3. Who is the Data Controller?
The processing of personal data by Chafea, for the purposes mentioned in point 2 above, is under the responsibility of the Head of Unit of Promotion of Agricultural Products Unit, acting as the Data Controller.
4. What personal information do we collect, for what purpose and through which technical means?
The personal data collected and further processed are:
- First name,
- Last name,
- E-mail address,
- Mobile phone/phone number.
The data are collected via the on-line contact form or at a later stage via e-mail exchange.
5. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
The Data Controller and its Processors have access to your personal information. Further access may be granted on a need to know basis to EU Institutions (including the Commission, EU Delegations in third countries etc.).
Your personal data can also be disclosed to published directories.
No personal data is transmitted to parties, which are outside the recipients and the legal framework mentioned. The data are solely collected and further processed for the specific purposes mentioned in this privacy statement and shall not be used for any other purpose.
6. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data and all information related are stored on the servers of the Processors during the implementation and the maintenance of the website.
Personal data in electronic form: access to your personal data, as well as any other information collected in the website is exclusively provided through an identification system with password, accessible to a restricted number of users, without prejudice of a possible future transmission of these data to the bodies charged with the control and inspection of the Commission's activities in conformity with EU law. These users are the Units of Chafea, as well as officially contracted external companies.
7. How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
You have the right to access your personal data and the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data. Should you want to verify which personal data is being stored on your behalf by the responsible controller, and have it modified, corrected or deleted, please send an e-mail to the functional mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) by explicitly specifying your request. The controller shall follow up the request within 1 month and inform the data subject accordingly.
Attention is drawn to the consequences of a delete request, which means that all your contact details will be lost.
The data subjects can modify their data at any time via the website interface. The data subjects have the right to:
- change their identification data
- change the options linked to the type of subscription,
- unregister from the system by sending an Unregistration Request. In this case, their data will be anonymised in Chafea database within one month from the request. If any such request is not automatically managed, the data subject can address a request to the data controller (email@example.com). The request will be followed-up within one month from the request of the data subject. The data subject will be informed accordingly.
8. How long do we keep your data?
Data will be kept as long as the data subject is registered and for as long as the website operates as a tool of European Agricultural Products promotion policy. Information will be anonymised within one month from the date of submission of the Unregistration Request.
9. Contact Information
In case you have questions related to your personal data or concerning any information processed in the context of the website or on further information on your rights, please contact the Controller, using the following contact information:
Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (Chafea).
Promotion of Agricultural Products Unit
Tel.: +352 4301-30122
The data subjects have the right of recourse at any time to the Data Protection Officer of Chafea: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Subjects have right of recourse at any time to the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS). A complaint can be lodged with the EDPS using the complaint submission form.